London is a place where you will truly enjoy your beverage experiences, and you can be on the top of the bar industry trends.
Below are some recommendations of my 10 must-see places in the city!
1) Savoy Hotel, American Bar: One of the most famous hotels in the world. The Savoy reopened in 2010 after a three-year £100m+ refurbishment.
The American bar claims to be the oldest surviving cocktail bar in England, having opened in 1893.
Head bartender Eric Lorinz is the winner of the Diageo World Class in 2010. Simply great cocktails!
2) Legeham hotel, Artesian bar- number 2 bar in world for 2011. Outstanding cocktail menu and wild spirit selection. Here the drinks are not only delicious they are an art! The bar manager and one of the world most famous travel bartenders Alexino (Aleks Kretena) and his team will definitely make your stop at Artesian a great cocktail experience!
3) La Perla- In the middle of Covent Garden a truly Mexican experience. If you are a tequila lover here is your place!
4) Milk & Honey, Soho - amazing ambience, outstanding hospitality and great cocktails! It’s a members club, but non-members could visit the place before 11pm, just make sure you call for reservation.
5) Mark Hix’s Bar and restaurant – If you are a food lover you will have superb culinary experience here, and besides that if you have mouth-melting cocktail from some of the most talented bartenders in the city, we don’t have doubts that this will be your place not only once but many times.
6) China Tang, The Dorchester- Right next to High Park, this bar will offer you great classic cocktails twisted with Asian sparks. Bar manager Luca, his staff and the MONIN UK 2011 winner will take you to through a lifetime cocktail experience, we are sure you won't forget it!
7) Mahiki- Polynesian ambience, exotic Tiki well-made drinks, friendly staff will bring you a vacation mood in rainy London.
8) The London Cocktail Club's – simply elegant, friendly and just great cocktail place! One of the speciality is The Bacon & Egg martini, make sure you order one!
9) LAB, Soho – even if it’s not as glossy as the rest of the recommended places, in the LAB, the cocktail are still the kings! Well presented, well-made cocktails from classics to specialities will not disappoint you! One of the cocktails that we suggest is the LAB’s “Soho Iced tea”
10) Portobello Star, Nothing Hill – There is no a quite night here, even if you are in this quiet neighbourhood. With an amazing cocktail menu, put the Portobello Star in the map of must-see bars in London.